|Infiltration & Spying|
A planet of yours can infiltrate another planet if at least one of the following conditions is met:
1- there is a trading relation between both planets,
2- you are the first owner (ie "creator") of the target planet but you have lost it,
3- you have controlled the target planet at least once in the last 200 days.
As your infiltration level increases, you get more and more information about the infiltrated planet, as described below:
- 10% population size, current civ. level investment
- 20% exploitations, trading relations, planet status (purifying, battle, stasis, blockade)
- 30% planet owner, private alliance tags
- 40% nexus, hypergate, energy
- 50% military forces AvgP, hypergate network
- 70% blackhole, infiltrations
- 90% password for teleportation and hypernetwork
At 100% infiltration level, you smoothly and anonymously get full control of the planet and all its resources, including all ground armies of the former planet owner. If the planet was an Hyperiums protectorate, the government system is set to democratic, else it remains unchanged.
Any planet gained by infiltration is controlled anonymously for a certain time, as if it was taken over by camouflaged armies (pay attention to the consequences it has on the exploitations).
The infiltration level increases by 10% steps, and you must click on the 'increase' button and pay at every step. Stable infiltrations (ie, which infiltration level is not currently increasing) have their security level automatically increase until reaching 100%. Once it has reached 100% security level, an infiltration can not be detected by any kind of counter-infiltration.
An infiltration created on the sole condition 1 (above) is dependent on the underlying trading relation until it has reached the 30% level: if the trading relation is broken before this level has been reached, the infiltration is automatically dropped.
Azterks are better at infiltrating than the other races, while Humans are the easiest (cheapest) to infiltrate.
Hyperiums Protectorates are not allowed to infiltrate above 60%.
There are two counter-infiltration modes:
- Block all infiltrations freezes all existing infiltrations and prevents the creation of new infiltrations. This mode can be seen as the 100% security solution, although it does not clear existing infiltrations (if any). It is also the most expensive mode.
- Find and clear, with different accuracy levels, searches for infiltrations and clears them (as much as possible) when found out. Select a higher accuracy level to get more chances to detect infiltrations. This mode, at 50% accuracy, offers a cheaper "near 100%" security, along with the possibility to destroy enemy infiltrations.
The cost of infiltration detection on a planet is linked to the distance of the planet from your AdmiNexus. This cost also increases with the number of planets you own above the second one (up to 100% more when you have reached the control limit).
When one of your infiltrations reaches 90%, you can choose to increase it to 100% in order to take the planet (with all the consequences this may have), but you can also choose not to increase the infiltration level, and let the security level automatically increase up to 100%: at this point, the planet will become one of your captive planets.
You can set a tax on the planet income (tax rate limited to 70%). The planet owner will not be warned that his planet has been captivated, whatever the tax rate you set. Naturally, the higher the tax rate, the faster the planet owner will find out that his planet is captive.
Once set or changed, the tax rate can not be changed again within the next 24 hours.
Moreover, captive planets adds their influence points to your own influence score/ranking proportionally to the tax rate you have set.
The captive planet owner has no information about who is supervising the planet.
There can be only one captivator per captive planet: the first one to reach the 90%/100% levels. Other planets reaching these infiltration and security levels will get no more than the usual spying information.
The only way to get rid of 100% security level infiltrations (including captivity) is to purify the planet.
To start purifying your planet, you must switch your government system to dictatorial; then, in the planet overview page, you get a new button named purify planet.
Confirming the purification operation will:
- immediately cancel all infiltrations from your planet,
- setup a commercial blockade around your planet for 7 days,
- freeze all enemy infiltrations.
Once the operation successfully completed, all infiltrations to your planet are cleared, even those at 100% security level. You can break the operation before completion, but your own infiltrations from this planet will be lost anyway.